Thursday, April 26, 2018

April is in my Mistress' Face - Thomas Morley - youtube video

spring flowers
Apropos of no more snow, I thought a fun Renaissance madrigal with "April" in the title would finally be fitting.

Yay, I worked in the garden today and it was glorious! (I wrote this on Monday - set to publish this Thursday. Forgive me if Climate Change makes a fool out of me.) Image from the Weather Network.
From the weather network site for Ottawa, On

"April is in My Mistress’ Face" is by Thomas Morley - an English composer, theorist, singer and organist of the Renaissance.  Enjoy!!

Audio: Tom Barnes. Recorded at St. Barnabas Church, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, May 31st, 2014.

Videographers: Gert-Jan van Heuzen, Kevin Millington.

Please DONATE to support our 40th year events ! 

All Donations receive a charitable receipt.

About Our A cappella Choir:
Pierre Massie started The Stairwell Carollers in 1977 while studying music at Ottawa University. We are ranked with the best of Ontario choirs, winning both the 2010 and 2013 Ontario Music Festival Association competitions. 

A registered Canadian charity, Net proceeds of our concert, CD and cookbook sales help local charities.

No comments :

Post a Comment

You can also email your questions to me - info (at) stairwellcarollers (dot) com.
Thanks,
Holly :)

You May also Like...

Popular Posts

Real Time Web Analytics Google
Google